CPI Academy Workshops | Registration Desk
Please register online for the workshops on the corresponding workshop page. If you cannot attend, please unregister early enough!
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Claudia Koch.
Single Cell Sequencing
April 11 @ 9:00 - April 12 @ 17:00
Only 7 spots left
Already registered? Click here to unregister
Single cell genomics is revolutionizing biology and medicine, combining the advantages of bulk sequencing techniques and microscopic analysis of single cells. Rapid technological advances now allow the profiling of genomes, transcriptomes and epigenomes at an unprecedented level of resolution. To harness the full potential of these developments an understanding of the analysis of single cell omics data for most researchers has become essential. Over two days, we will discuss the fundamentals of and recent advances in single cell genomics, along with the application to medical sciences and how to interpret such data.
Day 1: Introduction to scRNA-seq
– What is scRNA-seq, with update to newest iterations of technology
– Applications of technology in medicine/basic sciences
– How to interpret and process scRNA-seq data (understanding R analysis tools)
Day 2: Hackathon! (practical application to data analysis, all in R focusing on Seurat3 package)
– Split participants into teams to address scRNA seq data analysis challenges in “code sprints”
– Challenges increase in complexity with a final challenge (and prize!)
This workshop is for people familiar with R. Please bring a laptop loaded with RStudio and the Seurat3 package loaded. More details will follow.