CPI Academy Workshops | Registration Desk
Please register online for the workshops on the corresponding workshop page.
IMPORTANT: If you cannot attend, please unregister 48 hours prior to the event – you will be blacklisted if you do not attend a workshop for which you have registered! The workshops are exclusive to CPI Academy members.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Claudia Koch.
- This event has passed.
Conflict Management | In House Workshop
February 19 @ 9:00 - 17:00
Already registered? Click here to unregister
Conflicts are the moment of truth of any (working) relationship: scarce goods are redistributed, interests are clarified, and people can act as good colleagues or egomaniac tinpot dictators. When setting up our environment so that problems can come to the surface without leading to toxic conflicts, you’re on a good track to establishing healthy working environments. What if the conflict breaks out nonetheless? In this workshop, we’ll also learn to resolve conflicts using negotiation and mediation techniques, which we’ll train using real-life examples from the participants. And if that fails? For these cases, you need to know how to escalate in a professional way.
The techniques we discuss in this workshop are helpful both in leader and team member roles.
In this course you´ll learn about:
Open communication culture
- How can a group of heterogeneous individuals communicate without excluding anyone?
- Conducting one-on-ones
- Toxic language: hidden pitfalls in our daily communication
Negotiation for conflict resolution
- The Harvard Negotiation Principles: from salary negotiation to conflict cases
- Participants’ cases analysed
- Getting the buy-in from the other side to form a lasting agreement
- Tactics vs. open cards: when to choose which route?
- Define your role as a conflict party, team leader, or mediator
- Mediation structure
- Practice using case studies
Tuning the ‘temperature’
- Deescalation: how to cool off the situation to prevent damage and to prepare for a constructive discussion
- Escalation: if nothing else helps, this is the step that has to be done with the highest level of professionality