CPI Academy Workshops | Registration Desk
Time and Career Management
February 3 @ 10:00 - 11:30
Every week has 7 days, 168 hours or 10080 minutes…. a lot of time to do a lot of things! Still, many of us suffer from the feeling of always having too little of it. You might not give it enough thought on how you actually want to spend it and how to distribute it between your career, family, friends and hobbies. These are also no easy questions with answers to be found in a text book- the ‘ideal time schedule’ is simply too different from one person to the other.
During this seminar we will analyse the individual schedules of the week and provide tools and ideas to make best use of your time investment. Furthermore, we will discuss how to balance science and life in different contexts and how to plan your days in a flexible work environment.
The aim is not only to work more efficiently and to reduce personal stress, but also to be more satisfied and successful in your career and your personal life.
Principles of time-management
- What do I want to achieve this year professionally and personally?
- Your 168 hours: How much do you actually work? How much of this is towards your goals?
- For what to spend time?
- How to (not) schedule your calendar?
- Software, paper calendar, post-it & Co.: your toolbox
- Parenthood/ care giving & career
- Who is doing the laundry anyway?
- My Nature paper and my social life: two antipodes shake hands
This workshop starts with a Kick-off Webinar on February 3rd (10:00-11:30h) and ends with a Closing Webinar on March 3rd (10:00-11:30h). On February 10, 17 and 24 the so-called “Open Office Hour”, a voluntary appointment for participants, will take place.