CPI Academy Workshops | Registration Desk
Please register online for the workshops on the corresponding workshop page.
IMPORTANT: If you cannot attend, please unregister 48 hours prior to the event – you will be blacklisted if you do not attend a workshop for which you have registered! The workshops are exclusive to CPI Academy members.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Claudia Koch.
- This event has passed.
Oral presentations online and offline
March 7 @ 9:00 - March 10 @ 12:00
Already registered? Click here to unregister
The Corona crisis is changing the way scientists communicate, both online and offline. With more people working remotely (and having physical distance regulations not every meeting room allows for), video conferencing is here to stay. Hence, many conferences, seminars, lectures and job interviews will continue to happen online, but some will be face-to-face. How can you give an effective presentation online and how to do it offline? How to get feedback from your audience, be convincing and leave a good impression- in any kind of setting? How to handle stage fright in front of an audience- or ‘just’ a webcam!
In this course, we will not only do an online training about what we will eventually do in front of a live audience (offline), but we will also dive into presenting online as a format in its own right. This seminar provides key skills and solutions to make you an effective and engaging presenter and participant in all kinds of settings.
In this course you´ll learn about:
- Setting analysis: Who will you speak to in which setting? How will this affect your talk?
- Structure and ‘story’ of a presentation
- Slide design, not decoration
- Stage fright and how to enjoy the adrenaline
- Your own presentation: Integrate what you have learned and get feedback
- Q&A sessions
- Presenting online: How to make best use of this format
– Setting the stage: sound, light, desk height, camera settings, background and how to look good
– A professional (first) impression: online versus offline
– Adapting your presentation to this new medium
– Engaging and connecting with your online audience
– The right energy levels: how does online differ from offline?
– Video conferencing etiquette: speaking up, taking turns, time delays
All participants receive a script of the course in PDF format for offline and future use so that they can work through the material offline as well as after the course.