CPI Academy Workshops | Registration Desk
Please register online for the workshops on the corresponding workshop page.
IMPORTANT: If you cannot attend, please unregister 48 hours prior to the event – you will be blacklisted if you do not attend a workshop for which you have registered!
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Claudia Koch.
Leadership skills: How to row the boat
July 18 @ 13:00 - July 22 @ 15:30
Only 10 spots left
Already registered? Click here to unregister
Leadership has undergone changes- in parallel with changes to our work environments. Flatter hierarchies, project work in a matrix structure and more rapid changes of assignments, locations and colleagues are but some of the new challenges we all face. Interpersonal skills become ever more important when leading a team or a project: for motivation, conflict resolution or work delegation.
Hire for quality!
- How to get the best team and not just clones of yourself
- Overcoming biases in staff selection and other work processes
- Prevent conflicts by your lab set-up: communication and practicalities
- Deescalate and resolve conflicts by mediation and through fair negotiations
- Escalate professionally if necessary
- Can we find a leadership style that fits all types and is this even desirable?
- Who to delegate to in your diverse team and how?
- Staff development
Feedback and other one-on-ones
- Giving and receiving critical feedback
- Feedback in the international context: how (in-) direct can I be?
Course flow online
More information can be found HERE!