CPI Academy Workshops | Registration Desk
Please register online for the workshops on the corresponding workshop page.
IMPORTANT: If you cannot attend, please unregister 48 hours prior to the event – you will be blacklisted if you do not attend a workshop for which you have registered! The workshops are exclusive to CPI Academy members.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Claudia Koch.
- This event has passed.
Get started with CRISPR in cell culture
14. June 2022 @ 10:30 - 12:30
Already registered? Click here to unregister
DNA manipulation has been a breakthrough in the scientific community enabling a better understanding of the relationship between the genome and its functions. One of the most exciting systems to perform DNA manipulations is Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats/CRISPR associated protein (CRISPR/Cas). With this system genes could be e. g. added, removed, and even nucleotides can be manipulated. In this workshop, the participants will learn how CRISPR technology has fueled a genome editing revolution and how one can use it in practice by:
– strategies to find the appropriate target region
– searching for candidate guide RNAs (gRNAs) for Cas9 or deadCas9 (dCas9) using different online tools
– molecular tools to achieve a CRISPR/Cas9 mediated gene knockout or a gene activation or gene repression by second generation CRISPR/Cas9 systems (CRISPRa/CRISPRi)
– learning how cutting-edge systems could still be improved